Wednesday, November 26, 2014

'Magical'

Hello my scrappy friends :) .....

It's been a bit quiet around my blog lately.....my sweet parents were here for a visit 
and I wanted to spend every moment with them as we don't see each nearly as often as I would like. As a result I got a bit behind on my creations LOL.

Then along came a box full of Blue Fern Studios goodies and it kick-started my mojo! 
I am head over heels in love with the the new paper collection 'Sanctuary'.
Beautiful rich colors, elegant vintage style patterns....love at first sight....

'magical'


Words can't describe how much I love this paper....this one is called 'Meadows of Time'.
The colors are so gorgeous and I just played off of the vintage stamping and bits of old paper in the design. I started by applying gesso with a natural sea sponge to give it a really uneven texture and then added some mists in blue and brown. 


Next I created some layers with some pieces of vintage papers from my stash and Blue Fern Garden paper collection. I added some 'Shabby Flakes' and a piece of the 'Winter Word Set' which I painted white and then sprinkled with white glitter. 

I submitted this layout to the challenge blog called 'Vintage Cafe Card Challenge' for my Guest Designer spot this month. I won their past challenge called 'French Vintage' and they were very kind to feature me.  The challenge this month is 'Waiting for a Miracle'.


Please go here for more details of the challenge. There are so many beautiful shabby designs on this blog, really talented designers....it's a real treat if this is a style you love (as much as I do).


Thanks for taking a look! 
Back with more Blue Fern Studios projects soon....
Big hugs, Lisa xox



6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous and yes definitely magical! Amazing textures and mix of techniques! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and I love that style of scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and magical page!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lisa, you are doing some incredible work here. Love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lisa..this ones really magical...i love all the snowflakes and the paper is gorgeous...perfect for snowy wintery theme...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super magical! Agreed....this paper is stunning and so perfect! Definitely wonderful and precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...